Another Saturday Night Story: This Is A Real Fish Story

ShareThis

Saturday, March 31, 2007

This Is A Real Fish Story

My sister Abby with a 33lb. Red fish.


I just love fish stories. My sister Abby, and my brother-in-law Frank LaCourse went fishing this week. They hired a guide, Capt. Bill Lake, to take them Red Fishing, off the coast of Louisiana. I'm including here several photographs of Abby and Frank, along with there big fish. The following is a story from louisianasportsman.com. Capt. Lake can tell this story better than I can. Abby said the first Red she got was 18lbs., and he was the smallest they caught all day. Most of the fish they caught were 30 plus ponuders.


DOWN IN DULARGE
Best of both worlds today for Frank & Abby LaCourse as they sure picked the right day to do the DU! Frank had been following the reports on this great website in regards to all the big reds we've been catching. Abby & Frank are on vacation and they wanted some of that action! We started off trout fishing as the tide would not be right for the big reds until late morning. Today was the day I've been waiting for as the yellow-mouths finally showed up in numbers & boy were they hungry. The trout have migrated further south than most people think! Nothing under 16 in. this morning as most everything was 16-21in. LSU chubs tightlined slow on the bottom did the trick although Abby caught some nice trout under a cork. We picked up 65 very nice trout and it was on to the redfish hole. The big reds were waiting for us and Abby & Frank had a blast tackling the bronze beasts. Abby played out fast after catching 3 or 4 big reds but Frank couldn't get enough. He must have caught & released 20 plus reds as Abby and I sat and watched. I think Frank would have spent the night out there if Abby & I would have let him! The couple was a joy to fish with and I'm sure they'll be back soon. Wildlife & fisheries are out on a regular basis as we were stopped for a routine check of life jackets, fishing licenses,fish size & limits,etc. First time I've had my state charter license checked in 12 years. The guys were very nice and professional. Good luck fishing.

Capt. Bill Lake



Enjoy These Pictures of Abby and Frank.



















Song of the Week

I guess, for a long time most of us have wondered if anyone could ever sing much better than Barbara Striesand. Here is a duet, Barbara Striesand and Josh Groban called "All I Know Of Love". I believe they are in the same club.

Have a Good Week

Daniel

No comments: