Another Saturday Night Story: Happy Summer

ShareThis

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Happy Summer

I hope everyone has had a great summer. I know I have had a great summer, had a great vacation with Amy and the kids. Even though the trout fishing was bad in Branson, we still had fun. It seems that July 4th week is really the only time for me to take off during the summer. That is when manufacturing closes down for the entire week.

I have decided to start this blog back up again. I have had request from others to start it back up again.....another saturday night story. This blog has been around since 2006. It is about family roots, a bit of history, and about anything else that could be of valuable news at the time. I have had thousands who have come to this blog, read the thoughts and musings. Many email me with family questions, some questions I know, and some I don't. This blog is for family and friends. If you frequent this blog and want to join, please send me an email, and I will put you on the mailing list. I found a lot of emails from a old list I had. I can't find Trey's email, and a few more.

I have been working on my Flickr page. I have all of the old family pictures of Tapscott, Rice, Gentry, McMehen, Gaddy, Word, pictures from this blog, and pictures that have been sent to me over the years. I am in the process of tagging them with comments. If anyone wants a digital copy of the picture, email me the name of the picture/pictures and I will send them back to you. If you have questions about the pictures, I will also try to answer. The Flickr page is located here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danoh1952

There is also family pictures there, of all of you. Some of these pictures are old, and you will want to see them. I don't know where I got these pictures, but I went through all of Tim and I hard drive backups for the last 10 years.

I am also working on getting our family tree in a software that is in the cloud. That way all of the family can have access to it, and for those get married can add to the tree as you see fit. It will always be there, in the cloud, access from anywhere, from any device.

This blog is now a part of Google, and has an amazing dashboard, and I can do many things with it. If you search Google for Boone C. Rice, you will find many readings from this blog, and the same is true of other surnames within this blog. If you don't have a google gmail account, you should have one. By having a email it ties you to other blogs, images, videos on You Tube, shopping, finance, music, and the cloud on Google drive, Google+, and many other friends. Please join me by becoming a Google friend with the friend button on the right of this blog. You will see you can share these post with most of the popular social media sites, and please join me on Facebook, LinkedIn, or follow me on Twitter.

Tim and I love this song, please enjoy!....Flo Rida with Sia...Wild One......




Have a Good Week

Dan

No comments: