Another Saturday Night Story: She's My Shining Star

ShareThis

Saturday, September 22, 2007

She's My Shining Star




Click on images to enlarge.

This week was so busy for us! We are so excited that Kayla is attending school in the Maize district, they have so many more activities for the kids, and the curriculum is more advanced. The school counselor administered a "group IQ" test on Kayla this week, and found that she came up with a lower score than what her IQ was last year in Kindergarten. We discussed that this is most likely because of the fact that other children were being tested at the same time. (The children all sat as a group and answered the questions, with other children they didn't know.) The counselor agreed and stated that she felt this test was completely inaccurate for determining her score this year, based on what she scored at last year. IQ's don't just drop like that. So, as of now, we are just kind of taking it a little at a time. I've decided that I'm not going to have her tested for gifted again until next year. She is flying through the work right now, and Grandma was right, she will always be ahead of the class. We'll see next year how things go, and right now we're focusing on fun activities for her. She is such a sweetheart, she deserves so much.

Friday was not only school picture day, but it was "Lil Cheer Workshop" night! This is where girls who sign up, get to stay after school and hang out with the high school cheerleaders! They ate pizza and learned a few cheers, then were shuttled to the high school and got to cheer at the football game!! You can only imagine how excited Kayla was. She was beaming! All of our friends showed up to watch and get pictures of course! I hope you enjoy these pictures of my shining star!

I miss my father severely and hope that I can visit him soon! Someday in the near future we'll be back in the same town. :) I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Amy

1 comment:

Erin said...

Go Kayla! I miss you guys and wish you would come to Indy...I am moving back there in May to be with my boyfriend Slater and the rest of the Rice/Polley clan. I promise I will babysit if you come!