Another Saturday Night Story: Rice Reunion in 1939

ShareThis

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Rice Reunion in 1939

Click on image to enlarge.

This is a picture of the Rice family reunion in 1939, at the home of Jerd and Tressa in Oklahoma City, Ok. It was probably around the 4th of July of 1939 that the picture was taken. I have had so much fun with this picture, trying to figure out who they all are. Jonnie McMehen Wells sent me this picture, and a list of those she recognizes. I will attempt to add who I also recognize. If you recognize any more of these folks, please let me know. Thank you Jonnie for sending this wonderful picture for all of our family to see.

Couples - starting on left
Uncle Dick, Aunt Gladys Rice and daughter Barbara seated
Uncle Max and Aunt Mildred
Don't recognize the next couple
Jerd, Tressa Pybas - Don't know young child
Aunt Marcia(seated next to her Aunt Ollie)-Don't Know Lady standing
Aunt Bess and Uncle Bowling - seated boy is Jay Pybas
Down on the ground, white t-shirt, is my father Kenneth(Pete) W. Rice, he was 16 years old.
Lloyd and Ira Rice
Seated Anna Jane McMehen Johnson - Jonnie's sister
Don't recognize next couple
Don't recognize next couple
Seated on ground is my Uncle Jack Rice, that may be his first wife seated next to him.
Seated Aunt Evaline - two boys in front - shirt and suits - Roberts brothers
Standing behind in stripped dress - Nell Jean Saylor Rice

I have more old pictures I will post next week.

Have a Good Week
Daniel

No comments: