Another Saturday Night Story: In the News

ShareThis

Saturday, April 28, 2007

In the News







The Rev. Jesse Jackson, center, leads a protest march in New Orleans, Saturday, April 28, 2007. The march was to protest the pace of recovery from Hurricane Katrina in the 9th ward. Jackson is flanked by New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin and Rep. William Jefferson, D-La.



- Nine more US troops killed today, and many more Iraq civilians. Our President has not only stop listening to the American People, concerning the War. He has now told our Congress and Senate to screw off, with their plans of early withdrawal.



- Gas prices are at almost $3 a gallon. They have ran out of excuses for high prices. Gas is costing more than a dollar more a gallon than a year ago. On a 15 gallon fill up that is more than my weekly pay raise this year.



- They are still trying to get answers about the Va Tech shooter. Dead men don't answer questions, we can only speculate. Just ask Timothy McViegh, who was briskly put to his death. There are still unanswered questions to this day.



- I read where Taliban Leaders in Afganistan have now taken over another province. I thought we won that War..................NOT!



- "Beam me up Scotty", which I frequently murmur about my customers. Today, they really did. Scotty's ashes were flown into space and scattered, smothered and covered, as Waffle House would have it.



- My mother started her Cancer medicine today. Sudent..........you can read about it here!


Song of the Week
A song for my brother and sisters........from a time that has now passed!
Natalie Merchant "Where I Go".
Have a good week
Daniel

No comments: