Another Saturday Night Story: Welcome Gaddy Cousin's

ShareThis

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Welcome Gaddy Cousin's

My second Great Grandfather was John Price Gaddy b.1866,d.1946. He married Violet Susan Roberts in 1883. My records show they had nine children.
Thomas Marion Gaddy 1853
Sarah N. Gaddy 1855
Elizabeth E. Gaddy 1858
Susan Alice Gaddy 1860
Sterling Price Gaddy 1863
John H. Gaddy 1864
Nancy Caroline Gaddy 1866
Norman Gaddy 1877
Herbert Gaddy 1879


Our Nancy Caroline Gaddy, affectionately known as "Aunt Callie", married Albert Pike Word. Their daughter, Ira Belle Word married my Grandfather, Lloyd McMehen Rice.

It seems we have new cousins to announce this week. I was contacted by David Gaddy Cox , of Kansas City, KS. David and I are the same age. He descends from John H. Gaddy b. 1864. Welcome to our family Blog.





Here is his family, David wrote:
John H Gaddy was born August 4, 1864. He married Lula Winfrey, (b: November 29, 1873), of Carroll County Missouri, on September 29, 1890 at Liberty Landing, Missouri. They moved for a short time to Mt. Vernon, Illinois where they had Don Richard Gaddy on August 12, 1891. They moved to Kansas City, Kansas in about 1892, and lived there for the rest of their lives. John H Gaddy died in February 1939. Lula lived until the age of 91 years and passed away in January 1965. (Much of my family information came directly to me from my great-grandmother)
Don Richard Gaddy married Marie Scott, (b: March 23, 1893), of Arkansas City, Kansas on Groundhog Day 1918 in Kansas City, Kansas. They had Shirley Marie Gaddy on November 15, 1918. Don Richard Gaddy died on December 29, 1960 at age 69 years. Marie Scott Gaddy died May 23, 1967.
Shirley Marie Gaddy married Dorrance Alan Cox on September 29, 1939 in Kansas City, Kansas. They had Donna Marie Cox on November 27, 1942 and David Alan Gaddy-Cox on September 11, 1951. Alan Cox died in April 1984. My Mom is still going strong!
My sister Donna has one daughter, Annette, who was born February 16, 1965. Annette had two sons, David, born May 23, 1993 and Christian, born April 18, 1996.
I have one son, Jeremy, born February 23, 1971. Jerry had one son, Joshua Alan, born July 11, 1994. I need to add that my son is divorced from Joshua’s mother, Laura. Laura and I are very close, so when she remarried to a man named Mark Langston, I became close to him as well. At any rate, Mark’s father is dead. When Mark and Laura became pregnant with their first child, they asked my Mom and I to be official great grandmother and grandfather. So I have two more grandchildren, Noah, age 3, and Caleb, age 18 months. Joshua and his family live in Rich Hill, Missouri which is about 100 miles south of my home, but Joshua comes up every weekend. Noah usually comes up with him and Caleb will be making his first overnighter to "Poppy and Great Grandma’s" in June for his first visit to World’s Of Fun. ( And yes, great grandma goes as well…)
Pretty small family as they go, but it gives you the breakdown for John H Gaddy.

I would also like to welcome cousins, Clarice Gaddy Cook Marker, she descends from Susan Alice Gaddy b. 1860, and Debbie Gepford, who descends from Sterling Price Gaddy b. 1863.


Now for some great old pictures.


John Price Gaddy who married Violet Susan Roberts.





Standing is John H. Gaddy, and Nancy Caroline Gaddy. Sitting is Thomas
Marion Gaddy and Susan Alice Gaddy.



Sterling Price Gaddy




Next week I will tell some stories about the Walker family. Our 3rd Great Grandmother Elizabeth Walker, married Thomas B. Gaddy. It seems they had some ties to Quantrill's Raiders, Frank and Jesse James.

Have A Good Week
Daniel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daniel
I have information on Sterling Price Gaddy's first (perhaps only?) marriage and children. If you're interested, let me know at john.ballard @ anu.edu.au .

Carolyn said...

Do you ever check the info. here?
Would like to communicate with you.

Alan and Claudia said...

Hi, I am Alan Gaddy of Colorado Springs, CO. My father Lloyd who passed away in 2001 left very little behind regarding his parents , Lloyd Edward Jr. who passed in about 1940 and his wife who died some 7 years later. My father was born in Hutchinson KS where is folks ran a diner. If you know of any connection, I would love to hear from you.
Alan

alan.gaddy@gmail.com