Another Saturday Night Story: The Secret

ShareThis

Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Secret








It has been awhile since I posted on the Blog. I started work, and I have been so preoccupied that I haven't posted in several weeks. This is the first job I've ever had where everyone walks around the office with a smile. We have sales meetings every morning at 8 AM, that includes music, thought of the day, and a short huddle and yell, to take on the day. We also have special Sales meetings that include " Smarter than a Fifth Grader", or we team up with each other and build projects out of toothpicks, marshmallows, and red cake icing. Once a quarter we have a bowling party, and everyone gets a spin on the "Wheel of Fortune". We don't work pass 3 PM on Fridays. If you haven't guess by now, we have stepped outside the box. What a wonderful and fun place to work. I am a "Headhunter", and I bring people prosperity. I am so thankful.



I have always said that, for most of us, we are born of many fathers throughout our lives. Those that we respect for mentoring us, or teaching us some of lifes secrets, that somehow enrich our lives. I have had a couple of fathers over the years, that have lifted me up, after I was sick and tired, of being sick and tired. My new boss, is one of those, that is not just a boss, but borders on the guru of human developement. He has motivated me out of the slimey world I aimlessly led my own self too. From the speakings of Les Brown, and his comment, "I hope when you fall down, that your on your back looking up, because if you can look up, then you can get up". The boss has exposed me to "The Secret" and the "Laws Of Attraction". For those that don't know what it is, go to the library, you can check it out. If you think back to all of the times that you were successful in your life, you will find that the Laws of attraction, was contagiously at work. If you can dream, like Martin Luther King, if you can visualize, like Jack Nicholas and Tiger Woods, if you can think positively, you can attract the same. Stop walking in the direction you are going, hang a left, and go another direction. This is the Law of Attraction. Walk with faith, not in sight.



After 55 years on this old earth, I want so many things. A new car, a house, more money, fly fishing in Montana. It has been many years since I have thought so positively of having these things, or believing I could have these things. They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but I'm still learning.


Have a Good Week


Daniel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At your suggestion, Slater and I watched 'tHe Secret'. I agree iris pretty incredible, but we realized, we already knew the secret. Much of how we have both lived our lives are reflected in the laws of the secret. But now we have a name for it, which gives it so much power.
Thanks for inspiring us to watch it.

Dave Gaddy-Cox said...

Daniel,
I'm hoping my comment gets through to you. Please get hold of me. I am your cousin. Mt great grandfather, John H Gaddy is brother to your great-grandmother, Nancy Caroline Gaddy Word.
gaddy_cox@ibtinc.com
gaddycox@kc.rr.com

Anonymous said...

"Sarah Sneed" not "Smeed". Google "Shirleyb123" & contact me by email, please.