Another Saturday Night Story: Bringing in 2007

ShareThis

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Bringing in 2007

Saddam is dead. Dead before 2007. The only other person I know who has been rushed to their death, so fast, was Timothy McViegh. Now investigators are wishing McViegh was alive to answer questions about his ties to the extreme terrorist in the Phillipines. Maybe Saddam did deserve to die, but maybe he could have sat on death row for twenty years like our prisoners in America. At least he could have written his memoirs, and answered, some unanswered questions.



James brown is dead. Over the years he has done "I Feel Good", "Sex Machine", "Get Up Offa That Thing", "Papas got a brand new Bag", " Get On Up". I like that one and that one, ahhhh shucks I like them all. I remember in the 70's, Saturday Night Live did a skit called "The James Brown Home Security
System".......ooooohwwwwwwoeeeeee......get out of here!......its was hilarious!...............I will miss James brown..........Song of the Week.......... one of my favorites "It's a mans World", by James Brown.


Gerald Ford is dead. He was appointed Vice President by Richard Nixon, when then, Vice President Spiro Agnew resigned. Then was appointed President when Richard Nixon resigned as President after the Watergate scandal. I always thought that our presidents were elected officials. Its not surprising that I have been lied to again. But then the best part of this journey is that Gerald Ford aquitted Richard Nixon for his crimes. Quite frankly, the American people should have demanded an elected president, after an administration of scoundrels. I guess we were too busy dancing Disco, and oh yes, we wore bell bottoms back then. Without even thinking conspiracy, I see Ford was appointed the scapegoat for Nixon. Don't get me started on the "Watergate Plumbers", that is a whole other story. J. Edgar Hoover would have been ecstatic to know that such powerful men had fallen. If you think I feel bitter over watergate, Your Right! I was with a Marine Detachment that watched over Richard Nixon. He was a very nice man, quiet to us Marines, but very respectful. In my heart, I never blamed Nixon for the scandal, I blamed the Party who corrupted him.

Happy New Year
Daniel

No comments: