Another Saturday Night Story: Close Encounter

ShareThis

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Close Encounter


A rare and spectacular nacreous cloud (top) appears high in the stratosphere some 20km above Australia's Mawson station in Antartica, July 2006. Australian scientists have said they were studying what rare iridescent clouds over Antarctica can reveal about global climate change.


Close Encounter
I have a story to tell you about when my younger sister, Abigail, was born in Springfield, Mo., St. Johns Hospital, in 1962. There was a man name Max Rice, from Boliver, Mo., that ran into Dad at the hospital, they talked about this and that. They both said "yep...we are probably related". I think Dad knew that yes there were Rice's, around Boliver, but really did not put two and two together. I later found out that Max Rice was the son of Jonathan(Jack)Rice, our Boone Rice brother. My Dad and Max were first cousins. Last week I received a picture of a 1939 Rice reunion picture held at Jerd and Tressa Pybas house in Oklahoma City. There, in this picture is Max Rice, and his wife, then sitting down in front is my father at 16 years old. From this encounter in Springfield, they did not know they had met before. If, during there conversation one of them had said "Do you know Jerd and Tressa Pybas?", things probably would have clicked. But that did not happen. How bizarre, to first know of this story that happened 45 years ago. Then to see a picture with both of them there, at the same place, some 65 years ago. That is a close encounter of the real thing!


High Alert
Yes, we Americans were put on High Alert this week. My brother told me they were searching cars in the parking lot, looking for liquids I suppose, at the Tulsa Airport. I read they had some mothers taste testing baby food before they could board with the food. Yuk!!! Today Democrats have accused Bush of using the crisis for political gain in a election year. This is an ugly accusation, this would imply, they are a bunch of liar's, which we already know they are. Let's face it, this administration is not believable. I frankly, don't believe anything they say. They are minipulating Americans by only telling you what they want you to know.
Would it not be more sensible to put all international flights coming into the US on both the East and West Coast. Make those airports in Seattle and San Diego on the west coast, the only International Airports, and make New York and Miami on the East coast the only International Airports. Only foriegners would be allowed to enter the United States through these airports. That would mean the rest of us could fly around our own country without all the hassle. Oh yes, they would not be strip searching 80 year old ladies either.
I compare this cat and mouse game with the terrorist as that of shoplifting. They will hit you when you least expect it, and when you are not looking. It is enevitable we will be hit again. Would it not be nice that all the haters lived on one side of earth, and the rest of us lived on the other. I hate it when I stub my toe, or spill my coffee, or run out of gas on my way to work. I don't "hate people" because of there color or religion. I guess, I could hate them because they are so stupid, but then they have a right to believe what they want. But they can't hate me, because I don't believe what they believe.

"The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off."....Gloria Steinem

Song of the Week
Many of you don't remember the Disco era of music, it was a fun time, and alot of artist came on the scene. The Gap Band has done many, many great songs over the years, but "Double Dutch Bus", was one of the favorites. Get Grandma and the kids out on the patio, and start dancin!

No comments: