Another Saturday Night Story: Dad's Advise

ShareThis

Monday, March 13, 2006

Dad's Advise

The worst advice I ever got from dad was about fighting. He always said, let the other guy hit you first. No way! If someone ever threatened me or picked a fight, they were obliged with a quick and swift result. I was walking up the pier one day being followed by six drunken sailors. They kept calling me names, trying to pick a fight. I heard.....jarhead.......your momma...and then gonna beat your ass! I stopped, walked up to the big mouth, and quickly put a fist to his face. I broke his jaw with one fist. The other sailors just stared as I went on walking down the pier. I was later reported. The other sailors vouched for me. It was a fair fight! I was usually the one getting lessons in life, but this time, I gave the sailor his own lesson. Sucking on soup for two months with that filthy mouth wired shut.

No comments: